Baum and his troops are still treking through enemy territory – remember, it was a hot and muggy day. The Dragoons wore wool coats and carried broadswords weighing 10-12 pounds. Although they were wearing marching boots, they were encumbered by heavy gear – and they were elite mounted soldiers, not foot soldiers!
Latitude: 43.057028 Longitude: -73.448534 Elevation: 716 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.