Baum settled at the Checkered House after having covered nearly 16 miles in one day. The house served as a shelter for Baum and his officers. Note that the marker indicates that the Rebel militia used the Checkered House as a hospital two days after the Battle of Bennington.
Latitude: 42.992369 Longitude: -73.386969 Elevation: 472 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.