Baum's force hit their first minor setback as they reached Clark's Mill, which straddled the Batten Kill, a tributary of the Hudson River. Note that “Kill” is the Dutch word for a moving body of water, such as a river, stream or creek. Therefore, it is redundant to call it the Batten Kill River.
Latitude: 43.116291 Longitude: -73.56862 Elevation: 109 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.