When the logging and tanning business began fading away in the late 1800s the areas modest hotels, boarding houses and taverns grew to accommodate a growing tourism market.
Latitude: 43.6777114 Longitude: -73.7478304 Elevation: 792 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.