The original blue limestone lighthouse was built in 1858 of limestone from Clark’s Quarry in Willsboro Point. In 1909, it was converted to a memorial to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Discovery of Lake Champlain. The dedication of the memorial was presided over by President Taft in 1912. In 1929, it was deactivated when the Champlain Bridge was completed. The lighthouse still contains the original blue limestone steps.
Latitude: 44.029871 Longitude: -73.421539 Elevation: 123 ft
Don't Miss This When Visiting
Insider Tip from Paddlers Cathy Frank and Margaret Holden: "Be sure to look closely at the famous sculpture and relief beneath it on the Crown Point Memorial above the fishing pier, immediately south of the Champlain Bridge."