August 18 − Lt. Col. Baum and loyalist Col. Francis Pfister of Hoosick (NY) both die in the Matthews House. Baum is buried west of this house, on the north bank of the Walloomsac River, his exact gravesite unknown and may have been washed away by the meandering river. David Matthews later built the nearby brick State Line House.
Latitude: 42.93781 Longitude: -73.270268 Elevation: 510 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.