From Forest to Fields leads the visitors through the working landscape in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Warren and Washington Counties in upstate New York. Along the way, readers will learn to identify historic and contemporary agricultural crops, structures, and practices while visiting farms, museums, fairgrounds, and farmers markets. We invite you to use this guide in conjunction with the Guide to Local Farms and Food in the Historic Champlain Valley, video "Passage Minutes" and a suggested travel itinerary that can be found on www.adirondackharvest.com and www.lakestolocks.org websites.
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.
Where You Can Find It
You may request a copy of this publication by contacting Lakes to Locks Passage. There is a suggested $10 + S&H donation.