Welcome to the Classic Lake George Resort Hotel...
- a spectacular and historic location
- first class Adirondack resort accommodations
- a host of amenities
Just a few of the reasons Fort William Henry Resort & Conference Center is called a Classic Lake George Destination Hotel.
This historic Adirondack resort is located on a spacious 18-acre estate spanning the entire southern shore at the head of Lake George. First-time guests are delighted to discover the stunning location combined with beautifully landscaped grounds and open space just a “stone’s throw” from the lake. Returning guests savor the gracious service, fine accommodations and world class views of the many islands of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack mountains.
One of the few area resorts open year-round, we offer upscale lodging accommodations with the perfect mix of historical elegance and today’s conveniences. From the traditional grace of the Grand Hotel to the comfort of the Premium East and Standard West rooms, all of our accommodations enjoy access to our extensive amenities, including an indoor pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, Olympic-size outdoor pool, The Spa at Fort William Henry, several unique shops & boutiques, and three superb restaurants all on resort grounds.
Location! Location! Location!
- The Perfect Meeting Place - Our prominent location at the head of Lake George, allows you to walk to hike& bike trails, boat rides, parachute flying, nightly events at the Village Bandstand, along with shopping, amusements and restaurants. The grounds are known as a prime vantage point to view the weekly fireworks (often from your room!) and the estate is home to colonial war fortress Fort William Henry -- all reasons we’re the ideal spot for your Lake George private getaway, meeting or conference.
- The village of Lake George is steeped in seasonal events, is home to the renowned Lake George Opera, and is only ½ hour from Saratoga Performing Arts Center, the Saratoga Race Track and casino, the National Museum of Dance, the National Horse Racing Hall of Fame & Museum. (We welcome Lake George bus tours!) Nearby Glens Falls is home to the world famous Hyde Collection as well as the Chapman Museum and Courthouse Museum. In our own back yard you’ll find a bike trail that stretches about ten miles from the Fort William Henry estate to the feeder canal at Glens Falls. Just a taste of fun things to do in the area!
- Lake George -- Gateway to the famous Adirondack Mountains -- Our hotel’s prime location has a long history of attracting attention. Presidents from George Washington to Thomas Jefferson and later Theodore Roosevelt visited this estate while enjoying the Adirondacks. The area today, known as the Adirondack Park, encompasses more than 6 million acres of protected forests adorned with thousands of pristine lakes, streams and ponds.
At Fort William Henry Resort, you are indeed surrounded by endless opportunities for exploration, entertainment and relaxation.