The mission of the Friends of the Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway is to act as a bridge to the community by:
- Increasing public awareness of, focusing attention on, and expanding the use and appreciation of the Mohawk Towpath National Scenic Byway.
- Initiating, organizing, promoting, and encouraging cultural, recreational, and educational activities along the Byway Corridor.
- Stimulating gifts and endowments for the Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway Coalition, Inc, as well as raising funds to support Byway activities.
Activities, Programs and Services
How can you help?
- Roadside and canal cleanup by youth groups, neighborhood associations, fraternal organizations, and businesses.
- Scout Projects to expand recreational opportunities
- Improve assess to historic features
- Hosting local events and festivals
Highlights of Recent Accomplishments
- Help host the Byway Story Telling Summit
- Host annual athletic event, the Mohawk Towpath Byway Duathlon to raise awareness and funding
- Maintain a self guided tour of Byway Features
- Assist with interpretive projects
How Others Can Support and Contribute to this Organization
There are few opportunities to have a positive impact in your own back yard. Here is one of them. The Friends of the Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway will be active in enhancing your neighborhood with projects of beautification, environmental improvement, historic site restoration and cultural programs.
It is the quiet work of a few that can elicit a positive change in our world. Be part of that change.
Annual memberships are $25 for individual, $40 for family, $100 sustaining, and $500 for corporate.
Join on-line at https://www.bikereg.com/friends-membership
[Note that this is one time in life that you can lie about your age and no one cares. Age is only a number!]