In the late 1800s, families with a pioneering spirit began coming to Hague, a destination past where the railroad and later the automobile could take them, to get away from the commercial cities of the Industrial Revolution. The resorts that grew up around the lake offered activities that emphasized a return to a simpler life and time for family renewal; a spirit the historic hotels on Hague continue today.
Latitude: 43.7487655 Longitude: -73.5016733 Elevation: 365 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.
For more information, please see W.P. Gates' "Lake George Hotels and Landings"