Lisa Hammerquist Hallis the Associate Publisher of the Lake George Mirror. Lisa studied apparel design at the Rhode Island School of Design and moved to New York where, among other things, Vogue magazine named her one of the top young American Couturiers of 1990 and she found herself the cover girl of a Vintage paperback edition of Leonard Cohen’s Beautiful Losers. Her clothing and home furnishings have been featured in Martha Stewart Living, the New York Times Magazine, Town and Country and many other publications. These days, though, her work as a couturier is confined to making wedding gowns for family and friends and conserving the costumes of opera singer Marcella Sembrich at the museum in Bolton Landing dedicated to that diva’s memory. She also serves as the museum’s vice-president and as a director of the town’s historical society.
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.