Margaret Gibbs serves as the Heritage Program Director for Lakes to Locks Passage. She is the former Essex County Historian and director of the Essex County Historical Society/Adirondack History Museum in Elizabethtown. Her professional background is in anthropology, archaeology, historic research and public administration. She completed graduate studies in Anthropology and Archaeology at Brown University and New York University. Educated in the University of Chicago's Great Books program at Shimer College and Oxford University, she received her B.A. from Shimer College and completed language courses at Centro Intercultural de Documentación (CIDOC) in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.