Moreau Lake State Park is now the #1 most popular camping destination in the state of New York. Its wooded campgrounds are quiet and secluded, offering facilities for group campers, as well as tent and trailer sites. There are many ammenities offered and there is access to an array of activities. With proximity to over twenty miles of trails, beaches, and various rental programs, there is plenty to keep you busy.
Number Of Camp Sites
The park offers 148 camping sites and two boat-in sites.
Moreau Lake State Park now has seven accessible campsites intended for use by persons with disabilities. At least one member of a camping party must be in need of the accommodation. The sites will support power equipment for those with a legitimate medical need (documentation from a physician is required). Please contact the Park Manager for more information at 518-793-0511.
There are cabin rentals, tent and trailer sites available.
For a description of each campsite, please visit http://newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_Moreau_Lake_State_Park/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&search=site&contractCode=NY&parkId=311&topTabIndex=CampingSpot to view the map.
For a list of all campgrounds, follow this link: http://newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com/campsitePaging.do?&contractCode=NY&parkId=311&&startIdx=25
Located on the beach road, the award winning, Lake Shore Cottage provides everything from a refrigerator, stove, dishes and utensils to a screened porch, bathroom with shower, bedding, pillows and a cozy fireplace. The newly renovated Campground Cottage is now available and offers many of the same amenities as the Lake Shore Cottage. (located near Loop F)
Facilities And Services
- Picnic and boat launch facilities are open from 8:00 a.m. to sunset.
- New comfort stations and shower facilities located in Loops B - G. The showers are available from 7am to 9pm.
- The parks nature center is open daily during the summer season and there are 20 miles of marked hiking/mountain biking trails.
- Fishing gear, beach lounges and umbrellas are available for rent at the beach, rental hours are 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- There is also a food and beverage concession at the beach.
- Firewood and bagged ice are available at the park office.
- The beach is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The snack bar and all beach equipment rentals are available during this period.
Maximum Number Of People
There is a maximum of six people, two vehicles and two tents per site. No person under the age of 18 will be permitted to camp unless supervised by a person 18 years of age or older who has been issued a permit for that campsite or cottage.
What Is Distinctive And Authentic To The Character Of The Region
Stay a night or more and you’ll get a chance to know a third body of water in the park—the Hudson River. Carving a winding path through the park’s northeast corner, the river passes through breathtaking scenery and by several primitive boat-in campsites.
Maximum Length Of Stay Allowed
Peak season: A person may be the primary site occupant for 14 total days of camping within a 16 day period. S/he must leave the park for 48 hours once they have stayed the maximum number of days allowed before beginning a new reservation.
When booking the full-service cottage the length of stay must be either 7 days or 14 days maximum. Access Pass is NOT accepted for the full service cottages at Moreau Lake.
Open: Fri May 27 2011 to Fri Oct 14 2011
- Loop A & B: May 6 to September 4, 2011.
- Loop C & D: May 27 to October 14, 2011.
- Loop E, F & G: May 6 to October 14, 2011.
- Cottages: May 6 to October 14, 2011.
There is separate parking and a fee for any additional vehicles. Pets must have proof of a current rabies vaccination, and must be on a leash and attended to at all times. Some camping sites do not allow pets, so please contact the park prior to making a reservation if you would like to bring your pet. Please call the park office if you are expecting to arrive after 9:00 p.m. on the day of your reservation, otherwise your reservation will be cancelled. The phone number is (518) 793-0511.
Garbage and recyclables must be separated and brought to the recycling or refuse center.