The spectacular scenery of Lake George taught Americans what it meant to be part of a new nation, brim-full of beauty and promise. Eager travelers have come here for decades to experience awe in the face of Nature, to restore their bodies and minds and to play in the most splendid of lakes; a place so pristine that it inspired some of our country's first efforts at conservation of natural resources. This guide to the Lake George Region of the Lakes to Locks Passage explores the history of America's first sublime landscape experience.
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.
Where You Can Find It
You may request a copy of this publication by contacting Lakes to Locks Passage at firstname.lastname@example.org. $10 + shipping donation.