Port Henry has more than 12,000 feet of shoreline and most of it has had some industrial or maritime use during its history. As far as industrial history goes, it is probably the most interesting port on the lake. Even though most of the industry has long since disappeared, there are, however, enough artifacts left to provide some interpretation of the site.
The first docks were built in 1820 to handle the massive trade in lumber. The first railroad arrived on a trestle down at the giant Cedar Point Foundry from Crown Point, and an adjacent dock carried a massive furnace and hosted much lake-borne commerce. The town was also the home to several large-scale, iron-ore mining operations for more than 100 years.