100-mile view from 2,030' summit. A beautiful 5.5 mile 2-lane highway leads to parking lot. En route are 3 overlooks, The Narrows, Lake George and The Eagle's Eye. Spectacular views of Vermont's Green Mountains, New Hampshire's White Mountains, New York's Adirondack High Peaks and on a very clear day, the Laurentian Mountains of Canada. From parking lot take continuously running viewmobile to summit for more spectacular views. View the remains of the worlds largest cable railroad. Picnic at summit. Hiking trail access from Lake George Village. Drive time: 10 min 1-way to parking lot plus stops. I-87 Exit 21, 1 mile north on Rt 9 to State Highway entrance on left.
Latitude: 43.421358 Longitude: -73.733187 Elevation: 1035 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.