Ancient cycles of plate tectonics and a sequence of ice ages gave birth to the present landscape. What you will find in the western Champlain Valley represents layers of geological forces, piled in natural succession and embellished by human activities. This guidebook introduces you to the resources of the lake shore communities of Essex County, New York, and what you can do to enjoy them.
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.
Where You Can Find It
You may request a copy of this publication by contacting Lakes to Locks Passage. There is a suggested $10 + Shipping donation.