Saratoga's mineral springs arose from waters trapped under layers of limestone and capped by solid shale. When the shale fractured along the Saratoga Fault Line, the mineral waters sprung. The water dissolves minerals from the limestone, resulting in naturally carbonated waters. There are 21 springs that contain the same minerals in varying concentrations.
Latitude: 43.054686 Longitude: -73.799073 Elevation: 301 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.
Take a tour of the Saratoga Springs and visit all 21 mineral springs. They each taste a little different.
Don't Miss This When Visiting
Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Vistiors Center has lots of information about the springs and their locations.