Established in 1910, The Boy Scouts of America hosted an experimental camp to test the principals of scouting at the YMCA’s Silver Bay Association in Hague, NY. In a wooded area, this gathering of young men became the BSA’s first encampment; a tradition practiced by the scouts even today.
Latitude: 43.6953229 Longitude: -73.5058951 Elevation: 349 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.