In 1964, the Town of Chester came into the national spotlight when the Adirondack Lumberman’s Association donated a 72- foot-tree to be relocated to the White House lawn, designating it the National Christmas Tree.
Latitude: 43.6600017 Longitude: -73.7922263 Elevation: 905 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.