Ticonderoga Heritage Museum

Known as the 1888 Building, it was the Main Office of Ticonderoga Pulp and Paper Company in 1888 and is the last remaining structure of the Mill Complex. The building now serves as a museum housing exhibits and conducting special programs that interpret the industrial history of Ticonderoga.
Museum Gift Shop featuring Local Artisans

Children’s Summer Workshop Series

Free Admission

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 43.848778 Longitude: -73.421395 Elevation: 140 ft

What Communities Does This Facility Serve

Town of Ticonderoga

Chilson

Putnam

What Are The Stories Told In This Facility

Waterpower
Paper Industry
Museum has scale model exhibits of the early industries, such as:
Iron and Graphite, Tanning mill, Woolen and Cotton Mills, Hotels and Inns

What Are The “Don’t Miss” Experiences In This Community

Bicentennial Park
Champlain Legacy Park
La Chute River Walking Trails
Ticonderoga Historical Society’s Hancock House
Fort Ticonderoga
Ticonderoga Festival Guild Programs
Ticonderoga Arts Gallery
Lake George
Lake Champlain
Mount Defiance Panoramic Views
Fourth of July Celebration

Season And Hours Open

10:00am to 4:00pm
Weekends Memorial Day to June 17
Daily June 23 to Labor Day
Weekends Labor Day to Columbus Day

Identify And Describe The Management Organization

The Heritage Museum is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors.

Additional Notes And Comments

The Heritage Museum offers a Free Summer Children’s Workshop Series
July and August, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00am to 10:15am

Fees

no

ADA Accessible

yes

Tours Are Offered

yes

Site is Child-friendly

yes

Site is Pet-friendly

no

Comments

The Ti heritage museum also serves as the Ticonderoga visitors center. At the natural entranceway to the town and park, it provides all visitors with whatever information they need to add value to their visit.

Fred V Provoncha, 8/9/2015

Leave a Comment

Submit