The Van Schaick mansion is one of the most historic homes in New York State. The mansion is located on Van Schaick Island at the junction of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers at Cohoes, New York. The mansion was the Military Headquarters during three wars - French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War, and the War of 1812. The Van Schaick Mansion was the home of Anthony Van Schaick, built between 1735 and1755, on a section of the "Half Moon" patent.
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Interests and Areas of Expertise
Regional History, American History, European History, Religious History, Culinary Arts.