In commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812, discover the historic events that helped shape a young American nation during its "Second War of Independence." This beautifully illustrated guidebook includes an overview of the war as a whole, a more detailed look at the war across the Great Lakes, and a focus on the significant events that occoured along New York's Scenic Byways. Learn about the building of the Lake Erie fleet and the Battle of Lake Erie, the burning of the Niagara frontier the "cannon factory" in Watervliet and the decisive victory by land and sea that ended the War of 1812 in Plattsburgh.
- Explore the Turning Point Trail: The 1777 Campaign of Major General John Burgoyne
- Northern Reaches of Lake Champlain: An Interpretive Guide to the Borderlands of Lakes to Locks Passage
- Waterways of War: The French & Indian War
- Waterways of War: The War of 1812
- Waterways of War: Turning Point of the American Revolution
Where You Can Find It
Download a free PDF of the book or contact email@example.com to buy a copy.
If you prefer to order by snail mail, you can also download a copy of the book order form at the link above.
Retail: $15 + $5 Shipping & Handling
Wholesale: $8 + Shipping & Handling
Payment by check:
PTO: Lakes to Locks Passage, P.O. Box 65, Crown Point, New York, 12928
or by Credit Card via Paypal.
Be sure to identify the book you are requesting, and contact us if you have not received a response in 24-48 hours.